The drugs and food legal practice requires specific expertise and a deep understanding of numerous laws, regulations and procedures. Our first tier-ranked team was described by The Legal 500 as “a force in the life sciences field”, having “a lot of knowledge in a very unique field”. The practice is indeed distinct in Israel for having the necessary skills, knowledge and in-depth experience, among others – thanks to an ongoing involvement in legislation and regulation proceedings – to offer a one-stop shop service to our clients on all the regulatory, intellectual property, product liability, competition law, tax, corporate, commercial, funding, supply chain and pricing issues that arise in the food and drug sector.
Our clients span the entire range of the industry, including: major innovative and generic pharmaceutical companies, global food companies, carbonated and soft drink manufacturers, food and beverage franchisors, major tobacco companies, medical device companies, industry trade associations, medical and healthcare start-ups, academic institutions, healthcare providers and other entities that provide services and financing to the sector.
Our team has unrivalled expertise in advising on the full spectrum of non-contentious and contentious matters relating to the industry, including:
- All regulatory issues relevant to drug and food products and services arising from the registration, importation, marketing, labelling, advertising and storage, recall, and commercialisation of drug and food products in Israel (we regularly act for clients on complex product registration and clearance procedures with the Israeli Ministry of Health).
- R&D processes, legal and regulatory aspects of clinical trials, as well as donations and arrangement of sponsorship for activities involving healthcare professionals .
- Regulatory compliance policies.
- Distribution and agency agreements, franchising agreements, regulatory matters relating to safety, product recalls and adverse events.
- Product liability claims (including defense against individual and class action claims).
- Complex licensing and cooperation agreements.
- Conducting legal due diligence of drug and food companies within the context of financings, investments and acquisitions.
- Mergers and acquisitions of companies operating in the drug and food industry.
- Patents and trademark disputes.
- Anti-counterfeiting. .
- Parallel imports.
- Competition law.
- R&D collaborations.
- Marketing arrangements.