We have unrivalled expertise advising on the full spectrum of legal and commercial issues relating to the insurance sector. We
represent the world’s largest insurance companies and domestic insurance companies, as well as their insureds, Lloyd’s syndicates, brokers, HMOs, and underwriters. We represent these clients, inter alia, in significant, high-profile, complex litigation; corporate and commercial disputes; major class actions; subrogation claims and claims relating to professional negligence; medical negligence; damage to property and personal injury. Our team also has extensive experience handling transactional and regulatory work in the insurance space.
Our transactional and litigation experience in the insurance field includes:
- Advising the insurance industry on corporate and regulatory issues, in particular, minimum capital requirements and permits to conduct insurance business and obtaining control permits from the Israeli Supervisor of Insurance Companies.
- Negotiating, arbitrating and litigating insurance coverage disputes.
- Acting on claims involving product liability, fidelity insurance, director and officer coverage, professional indemnity, life insurance, commercial risk, health coverage, executive liability and antitrust issues.
- Defending insurers in individual and class actions against allegations of breach of good faith and fair dealing, violations of Israeli insurance regulations, fraud and unfair competition.
- Advising on policy wording and disputes regarding their contractual interpretation.
- Verifying compliance of insurance programs within the context of project and general corporate financing.
- Advising on the regulatory aspects of the acquisition of insurance companies.
- Advising on insurance aspects of mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and corporate restructurings.
- Advising on insurance within the context of project and infrastructure financings, including the taking of security over insurance policies.
Our lawyers, with expertise in litigation, regulatory compliance, transactions and public policy, are able to draw on a wealth of experience, in order to tackle the multitude of issues faced by clients.
The firm is regularly ranked among the leading firms in Israel for its insurance practice by The Legal 500, and our insurance disputes team was described by The Legal 500 as a ‘top-class group of litigation specialists’.