We have substantial experience advising on all aspects relating to the corporate, commercial, antitrust, insurance, employment, intellectual property, transactional, regulatory and litigation issues affecting the healthcare sector. Our Healthcare Practice Group comprises dedicated lawyers who have a deep knowledge and understanding of the industry and, in particular, the contentious challenges facing this complex, highly-regulated sector.
Our clients include hospitals, corporate and individual health care providers, HMOs, medical centres, biochemical and biotechnology research institutions, pharmaceutical companies, developers, manufacturers and suppliers of medical devices as well as the insurance companies and financial institutions involved in health industry transactions.
Our team has unrivalled expertise in advising on the full spectrum of non-contentious and contentious matters relating to the industry, including:
- Challenging and seeking judicial review of the legality of the procedures, actions and decisions of governmental bodies (including the Ministry of Health) such as those relating to reimbursements, health insurance coverage and the composition of the national health basket of drugs
- Regulatory matters relating to product safety with respect to recalls, health professional communications and adverse events
- Registration of pharmaceutical products with the Ministry of Health
- Advising on the marketing and sale of parallel imports of pharmaceutical and healthcare products to HMOs and pharmacies
- Clinical research, including negotiation and drafting of clinical trial agreements
- Data protection and privacy issues, in particular those relating to the handling of information of patients and health product companies
- Tort cases and class actions, in particular product liability-related claims
- Approvals for new medications and medical technology and infringement cases regarding innovative medical devices and generic and branded pharmaceuticals
- Mergers and acquisitions of, joint ventures with, strategic alliances with and investments in healthcare companies
Employment issues and all aspects of labour law affecting the health industry, including collective employment agreements between hospitals or HMOs and their physicians and other healthcare workers and challenges to collective and individual