Our Cybersecurity and Privacy Group deals with cutting-edge issues, at the intersection of law and technology.
We guide multinational and domestic clients on navigating complex compliance requirements in the fields of privacy and data protection, advise on the cybersecurity aspects of cross-border activity, and act in contentious settings upon the emergence of cybersecurity, privacy, and data protection related disputes or investigations.
We advise and represent clients on issues such as: the right to privacy and its infringement, data security, regulation and compliance, database registration, cloud-based storage, use of data, transfer of data outside of Israel, exploitation of data as a commercial asset and others.
On the contentious side, with the leading litigation practice in Israel, S. Horowitz & Co. has been involved in many cases, including high net, complex class actions, related to the collection, storage, use, secure processing and transfer of data and sensitive personal information, invasion of privacy, ISP liability and more.
Our expertise includes:
- Providing ongoing consultation in the fields of privacy, data protection and cyber law.
- Advising multinationals on cybersecurity aspects of their operations in Israel, as well as advising Israeli companies with respect to their operations abroad.
- Advising companies in real time, within the framework of cyber-related events, including in cases of hacking, penetrations and fear of aggressive activity.
- Consultation and representation before regulators and liaising with third parties, within the framework of privacy investigations, data protection and cyber law.
- Advising on the registration of databases with the local authority.
- Advising on technology and data protection issues, including in the area of outsourcing of services.
- Developing cyber risk and data protection management frameworks in order to assess and mitigate cyber and data protection breaches.
- Designing, drafting, and updating privacy and data protection policies.
- Responding to claims touching on privacy and cyber law issues, including: post breach, computer intrusion, invasion of privacy etc.
- Managing cyber risks and data protection within the framework of M&A activity and other major corporate activities.