Over the last decade the activity in the energy and natural resources sectors in Israel has grown significantly, and resulted in projects of magnitude and complexity not previously seen in the Israeli market. S. Horowitz & Co. Energy and Natural Resources practice provides legal capabilities across the full spectrum of the energy industry, and has a long tradition of representing the major players operating in the water, electricity, oil and natural gas sectors in Israel on most of their significant projects, transactional work, regulatory issues and disputes.
Horowitz & Co. offers energy companies a one-stop shop, with a wide range of legal services addressing the issues energy companies face when operating in this market, such as transactional, financing, tender, regulatory and dispute resolution services. Our practice also includes:
- Representing clients in complex transactions with respect to all aspects thereof, including, inter alia, negotiations of the terms (which require certain involvement in the commercial aspects of the projects) and drafting of the agreements and all ancillary documents. Our firm’s experience spans a wide range of transactions and agreements, including: financing of projects, tenders, off-take agreements, commercial agreements of all types relating to the purchase of electricity, oil and gas, construction contracts and operating agreements,
- Providing consultation on regulatory matters, as well as dealing with the heavily regulated energy sector and various laws, regulations, directives and ad-hoc decisions of the Electricity Authority.
- Handling legal representation with respect to all disputes and monetary claims raised against or by our clients.
- Providing ongoing support and consultation to clients in tender procedures including resolving disputes relating to the tendering process.
- Providing ongoing support and consultation to clients after the commencement of the energy related projects, throughout the performance thereof, on all major legal aspects relating to the projects.
- Providing consultation on finance and tax aspects of energy related projects.
The highly-qualified lawyers in our Energy and Natural Resources Practice Group, ranked first in their field by the Legal 500, have the necessary skills, experience, knowledge and an outstanding record to deal with such complex and innovative transactions and resolve any disputes that may arise.
Our clients include oil companies, gas companies, producers and distributors of electricity, power operators, mineral companies, service companies, investment funds, financiers and insurers involved in the following sectors:
- Water, including delivery pipelines, desalination and treatment facilities;
- Electricity, including power generation, transmission, and distribution projects;
- Oil, including fuel delivery and storage;
- Natural gas, including many of the major gas pipeline projects in Israel;
- Recycling facilities, including the multi-purpose facility treating most of Israel’s toxic waste.