Horowitz is one of Israel’s leading firms for providing local and foreign nonprofit organisations, charities, amutot, public benefit companies and private endowments with comprehensive advice on organisational, compliance, planning, governance, funding and commercial arrangements and tax issues.
Our clients include philanthropists, nonprofit organisations, charities, foundations and private grant-making endowments whose causes span a broad range of purposes including education, research, healthcare and social issues, religion, culture and the arts, welfare and the environment.
The firm’s expertise includes advising and providing guidance on the following:
- Establishment, registration and ongoing filing and regulatory requirements of public benefit companies, amutotand private endowments.
- The activities in Israel of foreign nonprofit organisations and charities, in particular practical advice on the Israeli regulatory provisions applicable to such organisations and the manner in which they may operate in Israel.
- The tax and regulatory issues arising from commercial operations whether through a special purpose vehicle or in cooperation with other parties.
- Trustees’ and officers’ duties and responsibilities.
- Fundraising and tax advice regarding lifetime and testamentary donations.
- Governance and internal disputes.
- Tax compliance.
- Legacy disputes.