We have developed unique expertise in the medical devices industry which derives from our deep understanding of, and long track record in, the pharmaceuticals and healthcare sectors, and the experience of our specialists in the corporate, commercial, IP and litigation practice groups. Our Medical Devices Group has in-depth experience and knowledge, alongside an ongoing involvement in legislation and regulation proceedings. The Group also contributes to the development of Ministry of Health regulations and policies.
We advise clients on all matters relating to this industry, including: development consultancy; licensing and partnering; regulatory issues such as export, import and marketing certificates, labeling and promotion and advertisement activity; hazardous materials permits from the Ministry of Environmental Protection; enforcement, defence and challenge of intellectual property rights; filing and prosecution of patents; manufacturing and distribution; antitrust and competition; and litigation.
Our team has unrivalled expertise advising medical device developers and manufacturers, ranging from large international corporations to start-ups, on the full spectrum of legal, transactional and commercial issues relating to the industry. Our expertise spans the whole technological cycle of a medical device company, ranging from research and development to financing and investments, and from regulatory issues to marketing. We are one of the few law firms in Israel that can offer medical device companies, as well as their investors, a one-stop shop addressing all issues they face during the entire life span of a medical device, including:
- Acting for founders on the formation, investment, operation and eventual sale of medical device companies.
- Advising on regulatory issues arising from the R&D and testing stage, including registration, marketing and commercialization of medical devices in Israel. We regularly act for clients on complex product registrations and clearances involving Israel’s Ministry of Health.
- Regulatory matters relating to product recalls and adverse events.
- Ownership and royalty entitlements regarding underlying rights with respect to medical devices.
- Product liability claims (including defence against individual and class action claims).
- Protection, licensing and commercial exploitation of medical device technology.
- Distribution and manufacture, anti-trust and competition, brand protection, exploitation.
Acting for strategic and financial investors and acquirers, including corporate ventures and PE/VC funds, on all transactional matters regarding their investment in, and acquisition of, medical device companies, including unique capabilities in conducting overall legal due diligence review of medical device companies, particularly regulatory and IP aspects thereof.