Our team was awarded the highest status of “Elite Firm” in this legal field in BDi Code’s latest ranking.
Horowitz & Co. has the experience, depth of resource and specialist expertise to represent universities, colleges, post-graduate institutes, schools and academies on a wide range of legal and regulatory issues relating to the educational field.
The firm’s reputation and success in this field are one of the reasons why our clientele and the proceedings in which we represent them are diverse and high-profile. Among our clients in this sector: Tel Aviv University; Weizmann Institute of Science; Ariel University; Hadassah Medical Organization and Yeda Research and Development Ltd., the technology transfer arm of the Weizmann Institute of Science.
Our expertise and experience includes, among others:
- Challenging and seeking judicial review of the legality of the procedures, actions and decisions of the Council for Higher Education in Israel (CHE), the Ministry of Education and local municipalities.
- Acting on behalf of universities and colleges before the CHE and the Ministry of Education.
- Negotiating and drafting collective agreements with academic and non-academic members of staff.
- Representing academic institutions on the commercialization of IP.
- Advising on governance issues.
- Representing in connection with disputed endowments and bequests to academic institutions.
Our multidisciplinary team draws on the firm’s internationally recognized administrative law, IP, employment, litigation, regulatory and tax lawyers in order to offer our clients an integrated, seamless service that provides a “one-stop shop service” for the sector.