For more than half a century, we have been providing specialist, in-depth, expert advice on all aspects of construction and infrastructure projects. We have been involved in many of the major construction and infrastructure projects that have significantly altered Israel’s landscape, including the Cross-Israel Highway, the Ayalon Freeway System, the Maccabim Road, the Jerusalem Light Railway, the Tel-Aviv Light Railway project (including the construction of the tunnels and underground stations of the project), the Ashdod desalination plant, the Tel Aviv-Jerusalem train line, a new wing for the Israeli parliament (Knesset), the Tel Aviv sewage pipeline, a natural gas pipeline from Ashdod to Dor, the Assuta Ashdod Hospital, IDF projects, and numerous power generating stations, as well as residential, commercial and industrial centres.
Our clients include the full range of players in the construction industry, including: developers, project companies, sponsors, civil engineers, contractors, lenders, consultants and insurance companies. Our team has outstanding experience acting on non-contentious and contentious issues for both foreign and domestic corporations that operate in the transport, roads, railways, power, oil and gas, communications, healthcare, hotel, retail, water desalination, commercial and real estate development sectors.
Our expertise includes:
- Advising clients on all aspects of the tendering procedure and process.
- Advising on corporate and joint venture issues relating to tenders and construction projects.
- Advising clients on an ongoing basis regarding daily contractual and strategic issues pertaining to projects in execution.
- Project and construction agreements, including management, development, operation, maintenance and transportation agreements, including contracts based on FIDIC models.
- Commercial leases.
- BOT and PFI concession agreements.
- Project finance and banking.
- Environmental and land use regulations, and litigation involving environmental law and land use disputes.
- Handling disputes before the full range of courts and tribunals and providing advice in relation to any dispute relating to construction or infrastructure projects, in particular those relating to the design, construction or operation of railways, ports, power stations, water desalination plants, tunnels, hotels and roads.
We offer clients experience, depth of resource and specialist expertise on all legal and regulatory issues relevant to the construction industry. Where necessary, our construction and infrastructure team works together with our dispute resolution, environmental, planning and land use, real estate tax, project finance and other practice groups so as to enable us to provide our clients with a dedicated partner-led service of the highest quality for virtually every type of construction project and dispute.