Widely acknowledged as being formidable litigators with the top dispute resolution team in the country, we represent clients in many of the largest and complex tender and government procurement disputes in Israel.
Our clients include bidders, civil engineers, contractors, sub-contractors, concessionaires, investors, lenders, consultants, insurance companies as well as various governmental bodies, municipalities, health service funds and special purpose government companies formed to issue and conduct tenders for large projects: Israel Electric Corporation, Ashdod Port Company Ltd., Teva Pharmaceuticals Industries Ltd., Phoenix Insurance Company Ltd., IDE Technologies, Paz Oil Company Ltd., Shapir Civil and Marine Engineering Ltd., China Railway Construction Corporation, Israel Innovation Authority, “Kan” (the public broadcasting corporation), “Netzer Hasharon” (a governmental company that deals with the evacuation and rehabilitation of land on which IMI is located), “Karnit“ (The Compensation Fund for Victims of Motor Vehicle Accidents) and more.
We offer an integrated, multidisciplinary team that draws on our firm’s top ranked litigation, regulatory, administrative law, construction and infrastructure, real estate, and tax lawyers. Our team has extensive experience resolving disputes, whether by way of negotiation or mediation, adjudication, expert determination, arbitration or court and administrative law proceedings, on a wide range of matters at every stage of the tender process including:
- Challenging or defending the actions or procedures of the public body issuing or awarding a tender or procurement contract
- Challenging the tender or procurement process due to non-compliance with Israel’s Mandatory Tenders Law
- Cost overruns
- Disputes over the termination of a tender
- Disputes over functional performance of tendered facilities
- Disputes relating to building and design defects
- Delay, disruption and force majeure disputes
- General contractual and shareholder disputes between partners or shareholders of the successful bidder during the life of the project
- Disputes relating to the design, construction and operation of tendered projects