With a team of lawyers ranked among the top tier of Israeli law firms for project finance, S. Horowitz & Co. has extensive experience advising banks, insurance companies, infrastructure funds, private equity funds, concessionaires, EPC contractors, O&M operators, lenders, civil engineers, consultants, sponsors and host governmental organisations on the full range of Israel’s major projects.
As a full service projects law firm, we have acted on a large number of ground-breaking projects that have significantly transformed Israel’s landscape and the country’s level of services to the Israeli public, including the Cross-Israel Highway, the Jerusalem Light Railway, Dalia power plant, Ashdod Assuta Hospital (the first hospital PFI project in Israel), Tamar Gas fields (in a project valued at over $8 billion), the construction, launch and operation of the Amos-2 and Amos-6 telecommunication satellites and the construction and laying of underwater telecommunication cables in the Mediterranean Sea.
From transportation to desalination, from power plants to telecommunications and from hospitals to aerospace and defence, our practice is distinguished by its capability over a wide spectrum of industries and the range of clients for whom we act. We understand the local risks and issues on projects and are able to tap into the wealth of our expertise to provide solutions and allocate risks in a fair manner.
Our team includes experts from construction law, tenders, regulatory law, infrastructure, tax, energy, environmental law, insurance and finance, who work together in order to provide our clients, at each stage of the project development process, with the integrated service and expertise required for the most complex and innovative of projects.
The firm’s services include, inter alia:
- Acting for consortia members in relation to all aspects of the tenders process, including, where necessary, negotiations with the relevant authorities (see our Tenders practice area)
- Representing lenders and borrowers on the financing of projects
- Advising on projects structured on a BOT, BOO, DBFO or BOOT basis
- Conducting legal due diligence and risk assessment
- Reviewing project structures
- Drafting and negotiating construction and collaboration agreements between consortia members (including EPC contracts and O&M contracts)
- Advising on the regulatory aspects arising from specific projects