Ranked: tier 1 in The Legal 500 and described “the pre-eminent practice in the field”, S. Horowitz & Co. is widely recognized as being Israel’s leading firm for representing defendants in class action suits. In addition the firm has been ranked first for handling class action suits by BDI and Dun and Bradstreet, Our firm has provided representation in the most high-profile and high-valued class action suits in Israel. We have a wealth of experience representing international and domestic companies, financial institutions and public authorities in a vast range of class actions, including those relating to or alleging:
- Antitrust and consumer related class actions;
- Banking or financial services;
- Shareholder class actions derivative and other lawsuits alleging breaches of fiduciary duties, dividend distributions, misselling of financial products and breaches of Israel’s securities laws;
- Breaches of Israel’s competition laws, including alleged losses suffered as a result of cartels and follow-on class action claims commenced as a result of EU, US or Israeli findings of anti-competitive or abusive behavior;
- Tort, consumer protection and product liability claims;
- Environmental claims, in particular water, sea, air or land contamination;
- False or misleading advertising;
- Breaches of Israel’s various anti-discrimination laws;
- Insurance contracts.
We offer clients experience, depth of resource and specialist expertise on class action claims and procedures. Our services include advising clients on all stages involved in defending a class action, dismissals, opposing certification of class action claims, seeking to achieve favorable settlements and, in respect of those cases that reach court, vigorously defending our clients.
Our firm has handled and is currently handling dozens of class action suits – including those considered the largest and most complex ever filed in Israel – brought against the firm’s international clients, local clients or prominent clients including, inter alia: Google Inc.; Israel Electric Corp; Maccabi Healthcare Services; Paz Oil Company Ltd. and Paz Lubricants & Chemicals Ltd.; Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Inc; Arison Investments.; Scania AB; British Airways; Readymix Industries (Israel) Ltd. Group; and Magnezi Group; Shapir Civil and Marine Engineering Ltd; Procter & Gamble Co. and Procter & Gamble Israel; IDB Development Corporation Ltd.; Discount Investment Corporation Ltd.; Bank Mizrahi Tefahot Ltd.; Discount Bank; Bank Hapoalim; Dexcel Pharma; AIG Europe Ltd and AIG Europe (Services) Ltd; Booking.com B.V. and Booking.com; Agoda Company Pte. Ltd; Waze Mobile Ltd.; The Phoenix Insurance Company Ltd.; Reshet-Noga Media Ltd.; Nippon Yusen Kabushiki Kaisha; Barclays Bank plc; Club Hotels International, Club Hotel – Management (1996) and Club Hotel Eilat; Yediot Aharonot Ltd; PLUS500IL Ltd.; Cellcom Ltd.; Brimag Digital Age Ltd; Toyota Motor Corporation; Honda Motor Co Ltd; Opel Automobile GmbH; Automobiles CITROËN; FCA US LLC.